This quick and easy meal for two will surprise and delight you. Bursting with the flavours of Italy, this dish may sound a little bizarre at first, but I am a complete convert and now cook it regularly for all occasions. Serve with mixed salad leaves and garlic bread if desired.
Linguine With Venetian Anchovy Pasta Sauce – by Diane Clark
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 150g walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 50g capers
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Bunch of chives
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 80g anchovy fillets
- Pinch of unrefined caster sugar
- Pared zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 160g linguine, gluten-free if wished
- Black olives
- Freshly chopped flatleaf parsley
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender, food processor or hand blender to form a rough paste. Scrape out into a bowl and taste to check the seasoning.
- Cook the linguine in salted water according to the packet instructions, removing a ladleful of cooking liquid just before you drain it. Add the pasta to the sauce along with the ladleful of cooking water to loosen the mixture, stir well and serve immediately with the garnish on top.
- If you wish to make this dish extra special, just add 180g of cooked fantail king prawns before the garnish.