Twitter: @FreshwaterFire

Firefighters were called to an electrical fire at a property in Brighstone this morning (Monday).

Crews from Newport and Freshwater were called to a house in Shippards Road just before 5.30am.

The fuse box which caught light. Twitter: @iwightfire

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and were able to extinguish the fire which started in a fuse box under the stairs.

Freshwater Fire Station said the householders alerted to the fire by smoke alarm and left the property unharmed.

 

Main picture: Twitter- @FreshwaterFire