A firefighter and a school cook have been revealed as winners of a dream Royal Wedding package at Albert Cottage, after gaining thousands of votes in a competition with Isle of Wight Radio.
Adrian Wellock, a Watch Manager at Newport Fire Station and Maria Bush, a school cook at St Francis Academy, were one of five couples, selected by a panel of judges from hundreds of entries, bidding to win a wedding package for 50 people at the beautiful Albert Cottage venue with the dress, suit, flowers, food, drink, rings, cake, music, video, photographs and more all provided.
The pair, who have been engaged for seven years, gained over 4,000 votes in a public vote to win the prize, fighting of stiff competition from the other four finalists, who also gained thousands of votes. The competition saw over 16,000 votes cast in total. See full results and watch the couples’ videos again HERE.
The team at Albert Cottage were so impressed with the effort all the final couples put into the competition that they have gifted £1,000 towards a wedding at Albert Cottage for each of the other four finalists.
Adrian and Maria’s campaign to win took them to attractions across the Isle of Wight and even to Brighton where Adrian was running a Marathon yesterday (Sunday).
After the couple were revealed as winners live on Isle of Wight Radio this morning (Monday), they were whisked off to Albert Cottage to meet all the suppliers making arrangements for their wedding on May 19th.
A reminder of what Adrian & Maria have won….
- Albert Cottage Hotel – Wedding Package for up to 50 People includingVenue hire including ceremony in Gazebo + reception. Registrar. Post Ceremony Drink. Three course wedding breakfast for 50 people – Limited options. Wine with the meal (2 glasses each for 50). Sparkling wine for toast (10 Bottles). Bride and Groom Bridal Suite for one night including bottle of Prosecco. (Does not include exclusive use of the venue, evening event including food, or canapes)
- Serendipity Diamonds – Two Wedding Bands from their Titanium or Zirconium range. Does not include any precious stones or metal.
- Gems Bridal Wear – Bridal Gown to keep from a limited selection at the pop-up shop.
- Flowers by Nic – Bridal Bouquet and Groom Buttonhole.
- Glasshouse Productions – Videographer – A highlight feature film with the option to purchase the doc edit additionally.
- Frostbite Bakery – Two-Tier Naked Wedding Cake
- Mia Men – Grooms Suit and Shoes.
- Mia – Mother of the Bride outfit.
- Shuffles – Three-hour photobooth hire.
- IOW Beauty – Bridal Nails
- Fusion Band – One-Hour Set
- Gary Field – Photography
- Inspired Island Events – Venue Decoration
- Maserati Memories – Transport for the bride.
- Titanium Fireworks – Firework Display 4-5mins
- Wight Harmony Barbershop Choir – to sing at arrival/ceremony (sometime early in proceedings)
- Tao Travel – £200 voucher towards a honeymoon
- Vanity Spray Tan for the Bride