The Isle of Wight’s Cabinet Member for Community Safety and Public Protection has stepped down.
Councillor Gary Peace, who was behind a controversial fire service revamp plan, has been replaced by Lake North Councillor Tig Outlaw.
An Isle of Wight Council spokesperson said Councillor Peace has left the role due to “personal reasons”, and is unable to comment at this time.
The decision was announced at last night’s (Wednesday) full council meeting, along with a reshuffle of committee chairs.
The following Isle of Wight Councillors have been elected committee chairs:
- Cabinet – Councillor Dave Stewart.
- Scrutiny – Councillor Andrew Garrett.
- Vice-chair – Councillor Michael Lilley.
- Policy and scrutiny for children’s services – Councillor Vanessa Churchman.
- Police and scrutiny for adult social care and health – Councillor John Nicholson.
- Policy and scrutiny for regeneration, housing and the environment – Councillor Steve Hastings.
- Audit – Councillor Adrian Axford.
- Planning – Councillor Chris Quirk. Vice-chair – Councillor Matthew Price.
- Licensing – Councillor Charles Chapman.
- Appeals – Councillor John Kilpatrick.
- IW Pension Fund – Councillor Adrian Axford.