Nominations have opened for Isle of Wight Radio’s Local Heroes Awards 2018.
It’s time once again to nominate the people who make the Isle of Wight a remarkable place to live, people who give more than they ever take, who go above and beyond, who see someone in need and run to their aid, who see a problem and find the solution, who stare adversity in the face and say ‘Bring it on!’.
Do you know an amazing fundraiser, do you have a great neighbour or maybe you know someone excelling at sport? Now is the time to nominate them for an Isle of Wight Local Heroes Award.
- Fundraiser Of The Year – Sponsored by PC Consultants
- Best Neighbour – Sponsored by Hose Rhodes Dickson
- Emergency Service Person Of The Year – Sponsored by Medina Food Service
- Inspirational Leader – Sponsored by Inflight Peripherals
- Make A Difference Award – Sponsored by Island Roads
- Sporting Achiever – Sponsored by Island Riding Centre
- Customer Service Person Of The Year – Sponsored by WRS Systems
- Tourism Ambassador – Sponsored by Wightlink
- Best Volunteer – Sponsored by Central Garage
- Young Achiever – Sponsored by Needles Landmark Attraction
- Best Carer – Sponsored by Charmes Care
- Lifetime Achievement – Sponsored by The Beacon Magazine
- Overall Local Hero – Sponsored by Wightfibre
Isle of Wight Radio Managing Director Claire Willis said…
“We are delighted to be hosting the awards with our headline sponsors Wightfibre once again.
“It’s a real opportunity to recognise Islanders who make an amazing contribution to our community without ever seeking praise.
“Local Heroes is always such always such a humbling and inspiring evening. This Island is home to some truly incredible people and we can’t wait to celebrate them. “
Wightfibre has been revealed as lead sponsor for the event for the fifth year running. CEO John Irvine says…
“Local Heroes is all about people who care and here at Wightfibre we really care about our customers.
“It makes perfect sense, therefore for Wightfibre to join with Isle of Wight Radio to recognise other people on the Island who also care and who go the extra mile in their contribution to the community.
“These are our Local Heroes. It reflects Wightfibre’s company ethos or ‘going the extra mile’ for our customers.”