Isle of Wight Radio is giving you the chance to win a break to the stunning Swiss city of Basel.
We are teaming up with Basel Tourismus, 1Leisure, Papa Joes Restaurant & Bar and Motel One to give you the chance to win a two-night break, with breakfast!
Basel has a deep-rooted tradition as Switzerland’s most beautiful and largest Christmas city, while its festive market is the largest in the country.
Basel, located in the three countries corner of Switzerland, France and Germany, is the centre of one of Europe’s most exciting Christmas regions.
Seven reasons to visit Basel during Christmas time include:
- Oldest and most traditional Christmas market in Switzerland
- Illuminated Christmas streets with roughly a hundred tall pine trees
- Great Christmas shopping possibilities
- Top and specialised Christmas shops like the Johann Wanner Christmas House
- Numerous Christmas concerts
- Guided Christmas tours
- Ideal starting point for a European Christmas adventure
The whole city puts on festive attire, which further heightens the pleasure of shopping in Basel’s top-class shops with every international brand and many specialist stores.
Keep listening to Isle of Wight Radio to be in with a chance of jetting off to Basel!
The competition includes flights and two nights’ accommodation in Basel, Switzerland.
Terms and conditions
Flights with EasyJet from London Gatwick (a more than adequate budget of £150 per person per return flight will be applicable)
The prize includes:
- 2 nights accommodation at Motel One for 2 persons (twin/double bedroom) (extra nights at the hotel can be purchased in Basel if required)
- Full breakfast
- 2 return flights from the UK to Basel with EasyJet
- A complimentary BaselCard – with free public transport from the airport and in the entire city during their stay in Basel and a 50% discount on museum entries, Basel zoo etc. Transfers from and to the airport: Bus number 50 goes directly to the main train station (Basel SBB), then take trams 8 or 11 in the direction of the City centre and leave at the tram stop “Barfüsserplatz”. With the printed out reservation confirmation of the hotel, you can use the public transport to the hotel for free, the BaselCard will be handed over to you after the check-in
*The prize is for the November/December Christmas Market 2019. The prize can also be taken during other months of the year.