Firefighters are tackling a chimney fire at a property in Ventnor this afternoon (Wednesday).
The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service says it has been called to Ocean View Road in the town.
Two appliances, one from Newport and one from Shanklin, have been at the incident since 12.10pm.
A spokesperson for the fire service says an aerial appliance is also there due “smoke in the roof space”.
*Ocean View Road from its junction with Gills Cliff Road to its junction with Zig Zag Road has been closed.
The diversion will affect Gills Cliff Road and Castle Road.
A fire service spokesperson says a small area of wood space in the roof is also alight and there are also hot embers.
** The fire has now been put out.