A survey has revealed the best and worst rated GP practices on the Isle of Wight.
Run by Ipsos MORI on behalf of NHS England, the independent survey was sent to 3,832 Islanders and had 1,806 responses — a fill rate of just 47 per cent.
Topping the list is the South Wight Medical practice, where 95% of patients said the practice was good or very good.
At the surgery, 90% of people said it was easy to get through to the practice by phone and 98% said they found the receptionist helpful.
At the bottom of the table was Dower House in Newport, with almost 30% of responses rating the practice as poor, very poor or neither good nor poor.
Less than half of responses (47%), said it was easy to get through to the practice by phone, with 48% describing their experience of making an appointment as good.
How does your GP surgery rate compared to others on the Island?
(Percentage of responses who rated the practice good, or very good)
- South Wight Medical Practice – 95%
- Ventnor Medical Centre – 94%
- Carisbrooke Health Centre – 90%
- Sandown Health Centre – 89%
- Shanklin Medical Centre – 88%
- Argyll House – 88%
- Tower House Surgery – 86%
- Medina Healthcare – 84%
- Beech Grove Surgery – 82%
- The Grove Surgery – 78%
- East Cowes Medical Centre – 76%
- Cowes Medical Centre – 73%
- The Dower House – 71%
Megan Baynes, Local Democracy Reporter.