A Ventnor playground is set to get its swings back, after the ‘unsafe’ equipment was torn out.
Previously, the Isle of Wight Council claimed the North Street Playground swings would not be replaced.
Today (Wednesday), the local authority has confirmed £6,000 of funding for new ones.
Strategic Manager for Recreation and Public Open Spaces at the council, Lee Matthews said:
“North Street Playground is hugely popular in the Ventnor community and is a treasured space in the town for our local children.
“After listening to the concerns from parents, we believe the works will make a huge difference to the lives of families living in the area.”
It is hoped the new equipment will be installed in time for the summer holidays 2019.
Ventnor Town Council has also expressed an interest in helping to support a sustainable future for the play area, says the Isle of Wight Council.