A chimney fire has been put out by firefighters in Freshwater.
One crew from the town was called to Church Place shortly after 5.30pm last night (Monday).
Firefighters used a stirrup pump, hose reel and Positive Pressure Ventilation (PPV) used to extinguish fire and vent property.
Fire safety advice was given to residents.
There is advice on the IOW Council website on chimney fire safety at https://www.iow.gov.uk/…/Home-Fire-Safety-Advi…/In-the-Home2
The crew thanked the Red Lion for providing tea and coffee for the crew.