We’re giving you the chance to win cash with Isle of Wight Radio and WightFibre by playing our brand new game Pounds for a Sound!
We play weekdays at 8.05am and 4:50pm, and weekends at 10.20am – all you need to do to win is tell us what you think the mystery sound is.
When the presenter on air tells you that lines are open, text the word RADIO followed by the word SOUND to 66777, making sure to include your name but not your guess*^.
Check out the current list of incorrect answers below and hear the mystery sound for yourself below!
|Basket ball bouncing|
|Punching a punch bag|
^ Texts charged at your standard network rate.
* Terms and conditions apply, see below for the full terms.
Terms and conditions:
- All Isle of Wight Radio standard terms and conditions for competitions apply, along with additional terms and conditions as stated below. If any terms and conditions conflict, those stated below take precedence.
- To enter ‘Pounds for a Sound’, text 66 777, starting your message with ‘RADIO SOUND‘ followed by your name ONLY. Texts are charged at your standard network rate.
- You may also pre-register at iwradio.co.uk.
- Lines for text entries will be announced as open and then closed by the presenter. No calls or texts are accepted outside of these times and any received will be discounted.
- You must not attempt to give us your answer unless asked by the presenter.
- If you are randomly selected to play, you must identify the mystery sound from the clip as played on air. Should you correctly identify the mystery sound, you will win the cash prize.
- You have only one guess. The presenter will take your first guess only. Should this be incorrect, you will need to re-register to play again and will win nothing.
- The correct answer to be accepted will be written on a card held by the presenter. Only this answer will be accepted with no variation.
- If you fail to answer your phone when we call you, we will move on and call the first reserve.
- You may be any age to enter, but those under the age of 18 require parental consent to play and to redeem the prize.
- You must reside in the UK.
- You may only register once per fortnight. After you have played your entry will be deleted and you will need to reregister for another chance to play.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change and amendment at any time at Isle of Wight Radio’s discretion.
Contestant Katie wins £1890!
The first Pounds for a Sound with Wightfibre Winner for 2020 has been crowned! Winning a stunning jackpot of £1890, Katie correctly guessed the mystery noise!
With guesses ranging from ‘a horse eating’ to ‘eating monster munch on a roundabout’ (what a guess…), the answer was finally revealed! Katie correctly guessed that the answer was indeed the sound of a RAKE!
Katie says she plans to spend her £1890 winnings on a holiday – what would you spend your winnings on?
Hear the moment Katie won with Wightfibre below!
Contestant James wins £3240!
After nearly five months, and hundreds of your attempts, Pounds for a Sound with Wightfibre has finally came to an end in November! The jackpot reached a staggering £3240 – and James was the one to crack it!
Thousands of entries and hundreds of guesses ranging from a roulette wheel to a boiling kettle later – there was only one right answer! Contestant James guessed correctly that the sound was in fact peddling on an exercise bike!
Hear James win the £3240 WightFibre jackpot below!