Photo from @FreshwaterFire.

The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue service have responded to an address in Union Road in Ryde this afternoon – after a call to a fire in a flat.

Two appliances from Ryde, along with 1 appliance and the command support unit from Newport were sent to the scene – although Newport’s units were stood down before arrival.

The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue service says they were called to the property at 4.17pm and found the smoke to have been caused by plastic left on a hob.