The Isle of Wight Radio Toy Appeal is back for 2019!
We’re on a mission to make Christmas better for thousands of less fortunate Island children – and we’d love your help…
Spreading festive cheer to thousands of Island children, this year’s official Isle of Wight Radio Christmas Toy Appeal launches on Friday, November 22nd.
Since its inception, nine years ago, around 20,000 gifts have been donated to less-fortunate children by kind-hearted Islanders. Young carers, children in hospital, families challenged by poverty and youngsters in care are among those who have benefited from the appeal.
Isle of Wight Radio has been involved from the start and has witnessed first hand the incredible difference it has made to thousands of young lives on the Island.
We’ve had 1,800 requests for toys this year so far, which will all go to Island children.
Here’s how you can help:
- You can donate a NEW toy or gift suitable for a child aged 0-16 via an official drop-off point until December 11th (10am deadline).
- We’re asking you to donate new toys unwrapped and to the value of £10.
- We know that’s a big ask for some people, so we’re hoping you might sign up to do a fundraiser and raise some money instead, which will then help us buy toys to donate!
Fundraising ideas could include:
- A cake sale
- Coffee morning
- Sponsored silence
- Wear your Christmas Jumper to work day
- Beard shave
- Office collection/collection buckets
Every monetary donation counts and if it’s cash or an online donation, we use it to buy toys before they’re wrapped and handed out in time for Christmas.
Official Drop-Off Points:
Check out our interactive map below to find your nearest Official Drop Off Point!